- No comments
Keeping People Safe on Tour
As restrictions on the movement of people begin to ease here in the state of Victoria from June 1, we are excited about recommencing operations. With this in mind, we’d like to share with you some changes that guests will discover while travelling with MPT.
Caring for staff and client safety throughout touch-points on tour:
• All vehicle interior surfaces are sanitised with alcohol solution pre-departure including seatbelts, armrests, visors, doors/handles and displays
• Sanitiser (continued) to be provided to all guests on tour
• Face masks provided for the optional use of guests at stops
• In line with government requirements, contact details for all guests will be taken prior to departure
• MPT Guides complete a pre-departure health questionnaire before attending for any tour and will discuss the questionnaire with guests
Food and beverage:
• Water bottles will continue to be provided complimentary to guests
• Lunch venues and catering substitutions may be different from those advertised pending availability, group size, and health and safety requirements of hospitality venues
• Visits to attractions such as wildlife sanctuaries and galleries will be in accordance with government health and safety requirements as well as individual proprietors’ own guidelines. Guests will be expected to comply with these 3rd party requirements.
• Couples, friends and families travelling together in a private vehicle is a great option to reduce health risks while travelling. MPT is on hand to help plan itineraries that offer guests complete comfort and reassurance for touring.
• MPT has been certified as a “Clean Practising Business” by the Victorian Tourism Industry Council after completing their COVID-19 Clean Practising Business Tool assessments.
We’ll continue to keep you updated as to changes in safety protocols.
As Winter Approaches, Glimpses of Hope Emerge
Slowly but surely many parts of the world are looking to reawaken after weeks of isolation amid an incomprehensible year. Our travel community has felt the full force of how a pandemic can devastate societies and economies as well as families and individuals. It will take a very long time to heal, and the future will be very different.
It was with a great sigh of relief that Victorians recently learned our beloved ski season has been approved to open soon, our Australian Rules Football will recommence matches in two weeks, and cafes and restaurants will reopen in a matter of days. Locals are anticipating their first outings and looking forward to soaking up our culture once more.
Of course, there will be changes in the way we do things, and here at MPT as we emerge from a period of business hibernation, we are excited to welcome intra- and inter-state visitors as they head off on long awaited getaways. To our international friends and partners, it may be some time before we can say hello again, but we know it will be worth it when the time is right.
Start Planning your Victorian Short Break with MPT Today!
The Victorian ski season is sure to be a thrilling adventure this year more than ever. Day trips, weekends away or even a multi-day trip are all possible for visits to each of Victoria’s alpine resorts – Mt Buller, Hotham or Falls Creek.
Some of the state’s best kept journey secrets are absolute gems to travel to in wintertime: imagine frosty mornings in the Macedon Ranges, hiking through the glorious Wilson’s Promontory National Park, sampling a heart-warming pinot noir at a stunning Mornington Peninsula vineyard, or breathing in the freshest air of the Dandenong Ranges rainforests as you journey on Puffing Billy steam train.
For family, friends, couples and special occasions, there are myriad of options all within a few hours’ drive of Melbourne. Our time of dreaming is coming to and end, let the planning and the day tripping begin!
Now more than ever Australia needs support for its tourism industry, and we’re ready to welcome you on board.